Saturday, September 29, 2012

within, without the battles raging on



I confess the things, I am afraid of
Thorns and danger just around the bend
I pray for tongues of fire and bands of angels
To come and circle ‘round me like a fence

Chorus: I lift my eyes to the hills,
where comes my help?
I lift my hands, empty hands
I can’t help myself, can’t help myself
No, I can’t help myself

My enemies surround me like an army
Within without the battles raging on
I pray the spirit would be strong and mighty
For courage through the night until the dawn

Oh trust the lord, my soul and all that is in me
Oh trust the light to show my darkest parts
With wounds of truth and love, a friend who has known me
A fool would keep his secrets in his heart

No comments:

in each sister and brother

If God comes down to earth through [the] Son made flesh, then we ascend toward heaven through Jesus present in each sister and brother for ...