Monday, March 26, 2018

God, you need not send
Me to hell cause here on earth
For the short lives of thousands upon thousands
Gravitate towards my hearth
Each one single file
Skipping to its home sweet home
Backwards down the aisle
Of my throat where the Church of Rome
Sends its grave petitions
To the wake in my lungs
Pleading with the clowns and the magicians
To stop the dance on my tongue
That keeps the millions from being embraced
‘Cause they should be bathing in tomato soup
Outside the camp, heads shaved with shame
But instead they're napping on my spleen
Unaware of the day when my body will fold
Still I'll befriend them in their dreams
And ignore the doubts I never told


No comments:

in each sister and brother

If God comes down to earth through [the] Son made flesh, then we ascend toward heaven through Jesus present in each sister and brother for ...