Sunday, February 24, 2013

love quell my doubt and dread


Father whate’er of earthly bliss
Thy sovereign hand denies
Accepted at Thy throne of grace
Let this petition rise 
Let the sweet hope that thou art mine
My life and death attend
Thy presence through my journey shine
And crown my journey’s end 
Give me a calm, a thankful heart
From every murmur free
The blessings of Thy grace impart
And make me live to Thee 
You raise your hand to still the storms
That rage inside my head
Revive my heart with gratitude
Love quell my doubt and dread 
Give me a sure and rested soul
From every fear relieve
The spirit’s power and presence mine
To ever comfort me 
Give me a sure, a restful heart
From every fear relieve
Thy spirit’s power and presence mine
To ever comfort me. 
Give me a calm, a thankful heart
From every murmur free
The blessings of thy grace impart
And make me live to thee. 
[Anne Steele & Sandra McCracken, "Petition"]

No comments:

in each sister and brother

If God comes down to earth through [the] Son made flesh, then we ascend toward heaven through Jesus present in each sister and brother for ...