Monday, December 24, 2007

Lo, how a rose e're blooming



Lo, how a rose e're blooming
From tender stem hath sprung
Of Jesse's lineage coming
As those of old have sung

It came, a flower bright
Amid the cold of winter
When half-spent was the night

Isaiah twice foretold it
The rose I have in mind
And so then we behold it
The Virgin Mother kind

To show God's love aright
She bore to us a Savior
When half-spent was the night

- 15th century German carol

Sufjan Stevens - Lo, How a Rose E're Blooming (mp3)

3 comments:

Lowen said...

Hey Meredith, I read your comment on my Dad's site and saw that it was good.

Just out of curiousity, are you connected to anyone in our family? There are eight of us. Some of us live in Tennesse.

Sufjan is awesome!

Meredith said...

Hi, Lowen. Thanks for the comment. To answer your question, I'm not exactly sure how we're connected, but I see you link to Josiah whom I believe my brother, Stephen, has mentioned before. They work together (I think). And I think my sister-in-law, Tacy, has a friend named Brae maybe? I also think your dad left a comment on my site months ago via Chattablogs, and I've always enjoyed his quotes since...

John said...

i may be there sunday. depends on family. that was the only time I've been able to come since I got back in town.

in each sister and brother

If God comes down to earth through [the] Son made flesh, then we ascend toward heaven through Jesus present in each sister and brother for ...